The Hahndorf Football Club is pleased to announce the recruitment of former Port Adelaide & North Adelaide player Jay Shannon for season 2017.
The 97 game midfielder retired from the SANFL & North Adelaide football club last week.
27 year old Shannon is a strong inside midfielder who possesses great leadership and will be a great addition to our emerging talent.
Jay has previously been coached at Port Adelaide by senior coach Craig Smith. He also has a strong friendship with current player Michael Handby having been past teammates and within the coach-player relationship.
We would like to welcome Jay and partner Vanessa to the club and look forward to seeing Jay in the black & white Guernsey this Saturday against Mt Lofty.
• 97 SANFL league games – Port Adelaide & North Adelaide FC
• Bob Quinn Medal 2014
• North Adelaide FC Best & Fairest League 2014
• SANFL state team representative 2014
• North Adelaide FC Best & Fairest Reserves FC 2016
• Reserves Premiership North Adelaide FC 2016
• Best on ground Reserves Grand final 2016
• 2007 premiership Tumby Bay FC